Vendor fees are as follows:
$200 – Artist, Maker and Non-Cooked Food Vendors
$275 – Cooked Food Vendor (10×10)
The fee for a vendor space is includes:
- 10′x10′ vendor space for 1 day of the festival
- Website announcement as festival vendor
- Inclusion in printed festival program and map as vendor
- Ability to sell your product with no commission due to the festival
For an additional fee, vendors can rent a tent, tables, and chairs from the festival. Rates are listed below:
- Tents (10′x10′), $90 each (max 1 per vendor)
- Tables (8′ wide), $10 each
- Chairs, $2.50 each
Shared Vendor Space
If you wish to share a booth with another specific vendor, please submit your application together as one. For those who want to share but haven’t applied together, please state that you wish to share a booth in the “anything else you want to tell us” section. Vendors wishing to share a booth that apply independently will be paired by the festival.
Questions about being a vendor at the Harlem Arts Festival? Email us or give us a call at (347) 619-3823 and we’ll be in touch.
No onsite vendor storage will be available.
The Harlem Arts Festival is free and open to the public. There are a limited number of spaces available to vendors, so applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Please be sure to get applications in as early as possible.
Once you have been accepted as a vendor, we will list you on our vendor page and send you a PayPal invoice. Only upon payment is your space secured.
You are responsible for registering your small business with the IRS and collecting sales tax for items sold.
General Food Vendor Requirements
- Proof of Food Service Establishment Permit OR a Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit
Please see the Official NYC website for additional details. Please contact the NYC Licensing Center located at 42 Broadway, 5th Floor, New York (p. 212-487-4104) with any questions. A summary of the permitting requirements has been listed below.
NYC Requirements for Food Vendors that ARE NOT Restaurants:
- Completed copy of your Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit. Application for Permit;
- Fee – $20/14 days (check or money order only);
- New York State Certificate of Authority OR official proof of federal EIN – must be in IRS letterhead;
- Current Picture ID of owner (e.g. Passport, Drivers License) – ID must be that of owner/officer of corporation AND, if applicable, the person representing the owner/office with a valid proof power-of-attorney OR Authority to Act form;
- Proof of incorporation:
- Certificate of Incorporation, stamped by NY Dept. of State OR with filing receipt issued by the NY Secretary of State; AND
- Corporate Resolution OR Minutes of Meeting dated within 1 year of the date of application and listing the officers of the corporation/LLC. Handwritten “minutes” are acceptable and notarization is not required;
- Completed “Rules & Guidelines for Operating a Temporary Food Service Establishment” formPlease see Rules & Guidelines for Operating a Temporary Food Service Establishment before completing this form;
- The Harlem Arts Festival’s sponsor letter, fully executed. Please request the letter from firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For Partnerships only, a notarized copy of your Business Certificate of Partnership, certified by the County Clerk.
NYC Food Vendor Requirements for Existing Restaurants:
- Food establishments holding a Permit to Operate a Food Establishment issued by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene do not need a temporary permit to operate at special events on a temporary basis. They must have a copy of their regular permit when operating temporarily.
Please let us know if we can provide any assistance with your permitting process at email@example.com,
or by calling our office at (347) 619-3823.